my essence

my essence
fire and wind, the essence of me

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Religion

I will establish here what my religion is because apparently people think I'm running away from God, and ignoring all I've ever learned.  Which is the furthest thing from the truth.  What I AM leaving is the religion that is dead as a tomb, making its people whited sepulchres.  Pure on the outside.  Dead on the inside.  The religion that preaches deliverance, but its people are still bound.  The religion that teaches love, but its parishioners daily disrespect each other.  The religion that says they're a lighthouse set up on a hill, but no one is drawn to them, or worse, even knows about them.  They say Jesus heals, but the pews are loaded with the sick, hurting, and wounded.  It's a shadow of the real deal, a mirage in the desert, a glimpse of what could/should have been.  Who honestly thinks I want to be a part of something that promises a million bucks but passes out pennies?  Uh... not I. 
This is what I pursue, live, breathe, and am.  Love and peace.  Call me a tree-hugging hippie.  I honestly don't care.  If you think I'm a hippie because I live a religion of love and peace, then you are exactly what I described in the prior paragraph.  Allow me to remind you what the Bible says about love and peace. 
34A new commandment I give unto you: that ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
       35By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples: if ye have love one for another."
9Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
       10Have kindly affection one for another with brotherly love, in honor preferring one another;
 8And above all things, have fervent charity among yourselves, for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
 7Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God.
   8He that loveth not, knoweth not God, for God is love.   
   9In this was manifested the love of God toward us: that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
       10Herein is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
       11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
       12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.
       13Hereby we know that we dwell in Him and He in us: because He hath given us of His Spirit.
       14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.
       15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
       16And we have known and believed the love that God hath for us. God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
       17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.
       18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
       19We love Him, because He first loved us.
       20If a man say, "I love God," and hateth his brother, he is a liar. For he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
       21And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loveth God love his brother also.
18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of those who make peace.
 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
14For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us,
 21"Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace; thereby good shall come unto thee.
14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord,
50Salt is good, but if the salt has lost his saltness, with what will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another."
14Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
18And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings and in quiet resting places
19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and the things wherewith one may edify another
 3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.
27"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
 18If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
33These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world."
Amen and amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment