my essence

my essence
fire and wind, the essence of me

Friday, December 31, 2010

Name-changing

So I finally told my dad about this blog last night. He asked me what Becoming Freedom Dance meant. I said, "that's what I want my new name to be". U should have seen his face. It was comical, he looked so confused and maybe a little weirded out lol! But name-changing is nothing new. In fact, God changed names all over the place in the Bible. Some of the names were picked by others, but God was responsible for many of them. Changing a name establishes a new identity. It represents a drastic change in ones life, whether it be good or bad. For me, it separates me from the old life of bondage and shows that I am destined for a new mission in life. Here's a few old favorites from the Bible. Abraham, Sarah, Jacob, Joshua, peter and Paul. Some lesser known are Daniel, Naomi, Gideon, Esther and Joseph. A few years ago, a prophecy was spoken over me by a spiritual man I have confidence in. He then told me that God has his own special name for me and I should ask him to share it with me. After a few moments of silence and meditation just sitting in the presence of God He told me very clearly "Dance Warrior". I felt like this tied in with my Indian roots and I could identify with it. I fight my battles through music. When deciding to change my name in a public way I knew I couldn't go by Gods name for me so I modified it to Freedom Dance. Because freedom from sin and all the bondage, walls, criticism, wrongful condemnation and fear is what I'm following hard after. So there. Now u know... the rest of the story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment